Many of our clients are wondering what is the best way to measure to be sure that the sizes of our dresses and costumes match the shape of their body. The purpose of the chart below is to provide you with all this information:
How to get an accurate measurement:
• Chest: the circumference, measure fix the fullest part of your chest ( bra included ) ( cm / inches )
• Waist: the natural waistline, above your belly button , below the rib ( cm / inches )
• Hips: the largest part of your hips, but fix, no extra cm ( cm / inches )
Don't be afraid to measure fix because the fabric it's elastic and strech until 8-10 cm plus!
1. CHEST: When measuring the chest, you should consider how you will carry the new acquisition: with or without bra. If you wear it with your bra it is good to measure with it, but in both cases you have to keep in mind that the meter should be placed in the most prominent part of the bust. Position the meter so you can create a circle and be careful not to slip. He should follow the back of the bra and then forward to take him to the chest area. Do not get tired to not affect the measurement, choosing a smaller coat than it should, but it does not leave any more lightness.
2. The WAIST area is often misdiagnosed because it is confused with the abdominal area. To get a correct waist value you need to identify it correctly. You can do this if you climb 2 cm from the navel area (take 2 fingers horizontally applied to the top of the navel and identify the waist area). The measurement is done in the area forming a torso "lower", below the breasts and above the hips, being also the thinnest part of the chest. We would like to mention that this size is not important because it can be easily adjusted from the button or elasticity of the skirt.
3. The HIP should be measured in the most prominent area of the posterior and not in the area between the waist and the back, as many would think. So place the meter on the back and get it to the front we get a correct measurement of the hips. It should be borne in mind that a wrong measurement in this area can give wrong clues when choosing a pair of trousers or a mulled dress, so it is very important to measure correctly to make the right choices. Set the centimeter over the most prominent area and check, keeping tight, if it passes the hip. Also do not let too much lightness!
For a good shopping experience and subsequent wearing of chosen clothes, it is very important to take into account 3 things: correct identification of the areas, use of a tailor's meter and not of its surrogates and identification of the size of the garments according to their own dimensions, not inversely . Even if the practice taught you that you always wore the S size, do not choose the same size of convenience but give yourself time to measure and confront your own sizes with those in the size table for each item. So you will be sure that you will always make the right choice even if you often find that it is not necessarily the size S but it can be a M or a L. Each manufacturer has its own measurement patterns so often size differences can create confusion, Stay true to your size, no choice will be wrong.